Can you bridge software development and it operations? Do you have experience in software development with a healthy interest in operations, or vice versa? In any case, you are a versatile profile with only one goal in mind: to bring software from development to production in the most efficient way possible on Kubernetes, in public, private and hybrid cloud.
As a DevOps engineer you guide and advise customers in the end-to-end DevOps process. You understand the needs of the customer and you work together with software engineers, infrastructure and developers.
You think along on both a technical and conceptual level. In addition, you keep up-to-date with the latest technologies in the field of Cloud and DevOps.
- Fan of Tux the penguin, Linux is your base OS
- Public Cloud like AWS and Azure? No
- Cloud in the sky!
- Docker container? Of course!
- In addition, you are committed to the best practices around containers and who knows?
- Can you even say a word about buildpacks?
- Your home is where your container runs reliably: Kubernetes
- Your script likes to run wild in Python, Bash, … automation is the way to go!
- In addition to scripting, you also understand structures and programming languages such as Java, .NET, Node.js and you know quite well how to host a frontend app
- Knowledge of computer networks, is of course essential so that users effortlessly find their way to your applications
- You share our vision of knowledge sharing and lifelong learning. You closely follow the latest trends and you spot their market potentials to possibly embrace them in our services.
Bonus points for ...
“Assume nothing, question everything!”
- You have an analytical and critical mind,
- You have an entreprenural spirit
- Problems do not exist, there are only challenges,
- Your mind does not rest before it has found the solution for every challenge,
- You understand that not all code is the same – you strive for quality,
- You are a real team player : “Great things in business are never done by one person, they are done by a team of people.” (Steve Jobs)
- Communication is essential as you are working together with a our customer’s teams, a team of developers, architects, analysts, project managers and others,
- In all of this you are customer oriented and you strive to get the job done,
- Last but not least, humor is essential in your job.